This week marked International Women’s Day on Wednesday 8th March and to commemorate the day, the WeAnswer team thought it appropriate to share some leading female icons and the power of female communication.
Firstly, did you know?
- That women can speak at an average speed of 250 words per minute which is about 30% more than their male counterpart.
- Women have approximately 10% more neurons in the brain dedicated to memory and emotions.
- Females have more ‘mirror neurons’ which are better at observing emotions, especially in other people, meaning that they can sense what other people are feeling.
With the ability to take on a greater level of information and tune into the emotion of others, you can see why women make great communicators and should be celebrated.
Significant Women who have influenced the world
- Emmeline Pankhurst – A British political activist who organised the Suffragette movement back in 1903 and gave women the right to vote across many countries by the end of the 20th century. Emmeline stood up too many and was widely known for her militant tactics which were pioneering for her time.
- Greta Thunberg – A young influential leader who regularly delivers messages on climate change, Greta has influenced young people throughout the world to stand up to world leaders in terms of facing climate issues. Especially in her ‘School Strike for Climate Change’ back in 2018 which saw 20,000 children around the world skip school.
- Oprah Winfrey – Known for her excellent interviewing skills, over the years Oprah has held conversations with some of the most iconic individuals. Building decades of talk shows since the 1970s, her aspiration to deliver conversations through various media platforms by asking intuitive questions and being an attentive listener, has built her publishing empire.
To be a good communicator takes a range of qualities from being truthful and honest, to offering a good listening ear, asking questions where appropriate, approaching tasks proactively and being reliable.
When it comes to dealing with customer enquiries, here at WeAnswer we 100% celebrate our teams with all of these characteristics. Through our comprehensive training programme, our colleagues understand the importance of being a good listener, which regularly leads to positive communication and a helpful outcome. If your organisation requires extra teams assistance to deal with customer calls and digital communication, then our UK contact centre is an ideal solution for your business. To find out as to how we can assist you further, please contact our team today.
Read about more influential women at: